Friday, July 2, 2021

The Maine Event

 It's NO JOKE to get missionaries newly arrived from the mission field in your home.  They can be difficult guests!  I'll mention a few things that apply to us

--they are prone to wander around at 3 AM with jet lag

--they don't have their own transportation for awhile

--they don't have cell phones that work on this side of the ocean



--they get mixed up and drive on the wrong side of the road

--they can get emotional about seeing foods they can't get overseas

--they take a LONG time to grocery shop as they don't know what they're doing


My Mom takes us in with all these problems every chance she gets, and she acts like she likes us.  She's cautious about letting us use her car for awhile, and when she does she says, "Stay on the right!" as we head out the door, in the hopes we'll not smash her wheels.  She's a good Mom.  

We arrived about 2 weeks before Josh's wedding, and we did have to figure out America again.  We started in with meetings on Sundays and Wednesdays, and got ready to host the rehearsal dinner for the wedding party the night before the wedding.  

Mom and my sister Wendy and her husband Rick, moved  out of their cottage for three nights so we could have 5 overnight guests for the wedding.  

I just kept feeling like we didn't have enough time.  We wanted more time to get to know Cyrus, our one year old grandson, who had a bad cold when we met and really only wanted Mommy for the first few days.  I wanted more time with Evangel, who is 6 months along with her next baby, and could use some help at home.  It was good the time we had, but never felt like enough.

I wanted more time with Clarity reading her books!  That was my big plan, but it didn't work out.  

I wished for more time with my Mom and sister, even though we had the most with them.  I can't seem to get enough.

And Josh.  He's off on his honeymoon, all married now.  I wanted more time with him.  

But I'm thankful we got to come at all!  So many things could have made us miss all of them entirely, I am grateful!  Also grateful that they're the kind of people we want to be with.  

Now as we start traveling, spending time with pastors and churches, I'm feeling the same thing.  I want more time with them!  Conversations that leave me with multiple questions.  I guess that's a Heaven thing, unending time to linger.  

And in writing blogs, I also feel short on time, so I'll just go with pictures that are worth 1000 words each.  







Daniel Ford (Holly's brother) married Maisy the week before Joshua and Holly got married.  




No comments:

Post a Comment