Tuesday, June 1, 2010

The Robbery

Tonight, while we were all eating supper in our room of a B & B in Swellendam, someone stole a laptop out of the kids' room next door. Paul and Timothy went to make a statement to the police. The computer is an Everex, sort of an unusual brand here, so I suppose there's a chance we'll get it back. I know God can do it. He brought back our car when it was stolen in 2006.

I didn't like what it did to the kids. They are nervous now about sleeping in that room, and one of them had a quivery lip. Come to think of it, I don't like what it does to me! I listen for noises after things like this, and am too jittery.

We had family Bible reading late today, so it was after the robbery. I read Psalm 119:61 with feeling, "The bands of the wicked have robbed me: but I have not forgotten thy law." We all laughed, but it's comforting to remember these things happen to other Christians, but God's law is still there through the ages. His Law of sowing and reaping, and justice and all of them.

I'm clinging to one of my favorite promises again, "God has not given us a spirit of fear, but of power and of love and a sound mind."

No comments:

Post a Comment