Sunday, May 12, 2019

Well Bless my Buttons!

Mother's Day is sweet this year, as evidenced in the little things. 

I was trying to finish this trench coat for Prudence this morning.  I'm using dolls to put scripture verses on Instagram, and I'm enjoying that hobby/ministry---even if I am getting teased about going through my second childhood.  I suppose you have to expect persecution. 

 I live with three guys.  Three men, really.  Big men.  They are not into my dolls very much, but they're sweet.

The last thing now was to put the buttons on the coat.  I found a YouTube tutorial that looked do-able, and tried to do it.  You use a hole puncher to cut out the buttons from some plastic, and then poke the holes with a hot needle.  The problem is, I couldn't punch the holes.  It takes some serious hand strength or a sharper hole punch than we have.

Sweetie #1:  I chased Josh down with the black plastic, and he punched out 5 buttons, losing only 1 that shot off into outer space or somewhere.

Sweetie #2:  Tim was vacuuming later, and knocked my 4 remaining black buttons into our green and black carpet!

Sweetie #3:  Paul yelled and alerted #2 as to his misdeed and imminent problems with his mother.  Then the two of them began to search.  It makes my heart swell to bursting (literally, that means getting tears in my eyes) thinking of my darling husband crawling around, even putting his face on the carpet to hunt for those blessed buttons.  Tim got a cell phone flashlight to help, and each precious little find was cheered like a rugby touchdown.  Isn't that sweet?

It's Mother's Day, and I'm just savoring their caring.  I know that of themselves, they don't care two hoots for doll buttons, so it was just for me.  That's sweet!

Soon we'll have Mother's Day Lunch, and that will be so nice too.  I can't wait to see their faces when they see what they got me for Mother's Day this year.  ;- )  



No comments:

Post a Comment