Tuesday, May 1, 2018

Cruising the Karoo


 I'm glad to be out on the road again, cruising through the Karoo.  While my guys slept, I tried getting some photos with my phone.
 The Karoo is semi-desert, with hills, shrubs, and a lot of wide open spaces.  The occasional windmill calls my attention.
 This kind of driving is calm and relaxing.  I feel my mind clearing and praises coming.  The huge rocks and wide expanses remind me I'm small, with a very big God.

Each trip is sort of a reset button for me.  I think of the verse, "Because they have no changes, therefore they fear not God." Psalm 55:19b

Somehow a change of location like this trip we are starting on (scheduled to be out from April 30-May 23rd) gets me to examine myself anew, and see how I can better please God.  I get more focused on our earthly mission, to draw people to Him, and I try to simplify my life back to what is really important.  It's refreshing.



No comments:

Post a Comment