Rainy season is heavy upon us, and not one of us wanted to go out to see a documentary last night, but I had RSVPed that we were coming if we were still in Cape Town, so we plowed through the rain and the cold and the dark in our borrowed Jetta to see the movie Agenda.
It was an eye-opener on what Communism is up to now, while people think it's a dead thing of the past. It showed at least three ways President Obama is linked to the Communist party and explained why Communism and Christianity cannot tolerate each other. I learned a lot.
I've heard people speak of conspiracy theories, but this isn't one. It's just their clearly laid out agenda, the published plan for Communism to take over countries. Yippee. History shows that is not a good thing for us "common" people. I mean, I feel rather uncommonly special, but I know in the eyes of people who don't know me, I'm a slightly overweight person with lots of bad hair days. My Mom thinks I'm wonderful though.
By the middle of the movie, I was wanting to call out, "Yes, I see the problem! But what can we do?"
The bottom line is to keep on! It's really the same old fight of good against evil.
We must pray for our country (ies) and our leaders.
We must lead people into His Kingdom.
We must obey God, and be joyful in His blessings.
It encourages me that our light shines brighter, the darker things get.
In other words, it was well worth slogging through the rain to see, and Berwick was glad to see us when we got home.
PS We got the letter below this morning, telling some of the listed agenda written in Communist books. I'll just paste it here, but it's way better to see the movie. It had really good background music and pictures.
IS THERE AN AGENDA?
In the light of the extraordinary campaign against Christianity on the University of Stellenbosch campus, many are asking if we are merely dealing with isolated incidences of anti-Christian bias and prejudice, or whether there is actually an agenda to hijack universities, infiltrate the news media, break down Christian standards of morality, discredit the family as an institution and undermine Christianity.
Cleon Skousen published the book "The Naked Communist" in 1962. On 10 January 1963, the official communist goals, as published and exposed by this book, were read into the Congressional Record. These are a few selected items from the published communist agenda:
17. Gain control of the schools. Use them as transmission belts for socialism. …get control of Teachers Associations. Put the party line in textbooks.
18. Gain control of all student newspapers.
20. Infiltrate the press. Get control of book review assignments, editorial writing, policy making positions.
21. Gain control of key positions in radio, T.V. and motion pictures.
22. Continue discrediting culture by degrading all forms of artistic expression. …eliminate all good sculpture from park and buildings, substitute shapeless, awkward and meaningless forms.
23. Control art critics and directors of Art Museums. Our plan is to promote ugliness, repulsiveness and meaningless art.
24. Eliminate all laws governing obscenity by calling them censorship and a violation of free speech and free press.
25. Break down cultural standards of morality by promoting pornography and obscenity in books, magazines, motion pictures, radio and T.V.
26. Present homosexuality, degeneracy and promiscuity as normal, natural and healthy.
27. Infiltrate the churches and replace revealed religion with social religion. Discredit the Bible.
30. Transfer some of the powers of arrest from the police to social agencies. Treat all behavioural problems as psychiatric disorders which no one but psychiatrists can understand, or treat.
39. Dominate the psychiatric profession and use mental health laws as a means of gaining coercive control over those who oppose communist goals.
40. Discredit the family as an institution. Encourage promiscuity and easy divorce.
41. Emphasise the need to raise children away from the negative influence of parents. Attribute prejudices, mental blocks and retarding of children to the suppressive influence of parents.
Those are just a selection from the Communist Agenda as published in "The Naked Communist" 50 years ago.
20 years ago, I listed the Humanist Agenda in South Africa as follows:
Man is a product of evolutionary chance and this theory must be taught as a fact of science in schools and in the media.
Education should be controlled by the State.
Education should be secular – free of moral absolutes and non-Christian.
Sex Education in schools should be compulsory.
Pornography should be allowed as 'free speech'.
Abortion is 'a woman's right'.
Homosexuality is an acceptable 'alternative lifestyle'.
Criminals are 'victims of society' requiring treatment and rehabilitation.
The right of citizens to obtain, own, and use firearms for self-defence must be limited and eventually eliminated.
All power and authority must gradually and progressively be centralised in big government.
Agenda – Grinding America Down
If you have not had the opportunity to see Agenda: Grinding America Down, you need to. Dr. Ted Baehr of Movieguide reviews the film in these words: "Agenda: Grinding America Down is the most powerful expose of the communist, socialist, progressive attempt to take over America produced so far. The documentary presents the connections between the different communist, socialist, progressive organisations with great clarity and shows how they have implemented their agenda to dismantle American patriotism, morality and spirituality."
Resources for Reformation
Christian Action has much literature and many films available to help you inform and involve your congregation, co-workers and fellow students in countering the humanist agenda. Among leaflets that would be helpful are:
Communist Liberation – Myth and Reality
The Heart of Communism
Christian Action Magazine editions dealing with The Battle for the Mind in the News Media and How Propaganda Changes People and Perceptions.
Dr. Peter Hammond
Africa Christian Action
PO Box 23632
7735 Cape Town
Tel: 021-689 4481
Join us on Facebook and Twitter
The Agenda DVD is available from:
Christian Liberty Books
PO Box 358 Howard Place 7450
Cape Town, South Africa