Thursday, October 20, 2011

I got mauled by a lion

and I loved it! This 7 week old just about licked me to death with his rough little tongue.

Josh liked the cubs better on the ground than in arms. He got some rather bad scratches on his neck when he was holding one.



Lizelle, on the right, our newly-wed, helper-in-scheduling, guided us to this neat lion ranch on a windy day (clearly illustrated by Evangel's wild hair!) so we could meet these cubs.





Sweet and cuddly! The cubs too.







My idea was to try for a wonderful African Christmas card.






Between the wind and the wigglers, these were more action shots than your average posed pictures.








The noises they made were so funny and adorable. They said, "Ow, ow, ow!" Maybe we'll have that sound on the little video Evangel took.








This one's uplifting, if you focus on our hair.







This one might make a good card! We look pretty happy, though Paul looks concerned about Timmy's cub.


















That one looks posed.


















I think Timmy's getting needles in his stomach.


Any opinions on which one is the best?


I just feel so blessed that we get these neat experiences while in the line of duty.
"Delight thyself also in the Lord and He shall give thee the desires of thine heart." This was one of them for me!




















1 comment:

  1. OK...I've begun this comment for the fourth time now...I love the pictures, the lions, the expressions, the comments and the precious family holding those amazing animals. Thanks for the post.
    D'Arcy

    ReplyDelete