Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Our Town is today's headline in Cape Town


I was so surprised to see Muizenberg, our own suburb of Cape Town, in the headlines this morning. I had to buy the paper so Paul could see it too. It appears this huge boulder fell off Muizenberg Mountain, bounced once on a road, and crashed through a roof!
The family had just left the room where the rock landed and was spared. The insurance guy said he'd never had a case like this one.
I must admit, I've often looked at that mountain and wondered when those rocks would fall. I know about the 2nd law of Thermodynamics which basically says all rocks will fall if given enough time, or something like that. The nicest houses in Muizenberg are right there at the mountain's edge, but I'm glad we're not quite so close.
If I did live right there, I'd make sure I was right with God! Come to think of it, even where I live, it's a good idea to be right with God. We live in a flat place, only 5 blocks from the ocean. One good tsunami wave, and...it's good to be ready to meet your Maker! I'm thankful He tells us to seek, and He can be found. That is, after all, the reason we're in Africa, to help people be ready if rocks come through their roof.

1 comment:

  1. Hi from NH !

    You have the most interesting stories - and what great applications for God's Truth ! We should all be ready and work hard for others to be ready too. Thanks for the reminder.

    Blessings to All !

    ReplyDelete